It seems the answer to "Can You Can It?" is, "Yes, You Most Certainly CAN!" Just feast your eyes on these amazing entries!
So which one is your favorite?
I've posted the entries in the order in which they were received. Please browse through the entries below, then cast your vote for the winner via the poll that pops up on the right (there is only one vote per person). Or, if you do not see the poll pop up, just click here to view it on its own web page.
Whoever receives the most votes by August 29th will win a set of Weck canning jars from Mighty Nest. Whoever receives the second most votes will win a copy of Put 'Em Up!: A Comprehensive Home Preserving Guide for the Creative Cook, From Drying and Freezing To Pickling and Canning from Storey Publishing.
I'll announce the winner here on August 30th. If you're worried you'll forget, you can sign up to get posts by email, like me on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter to ensure that you don't miss it. Good luck!
1. Apricot Jam With Saffron & Rose from Yossy Arefi-Afshar who writes the delectable Apt. 2B Baking Co. in New York, NY
2. Grapefruit In Pineapple Juice from SJ Smith whose grapefruit tree has had a banner year in Lake Elsinore, CA
3. Spicy Plum Chutney from Emmeline Craig of Emmeline's Bolinas Watercolors Blog in Bolinas, CA.
4. Highbush Blueberry Lemon Verbena Jam from Lindsay Murray who writes the yummy blog Uncanny Preserves from Sackville, NB.
5. DIY Cornichons - French Tarragon Pickles from Kirsten Lindquist who writes the inspiring and delectable From Kirsten's Kitchen To Yours from Santa Monica, CA.
6. Senfgurken a mustardy pickled cucumber that is popular in Germany from Eszter Befőz who writes an eponymous blog all about pickling and preserving from her home in Hungary.
7. Pickled Cippolini Onions from my extraordinarily culinarily gifted cousin, Nina Lesser-Goldsmith of the amazing Learning Center at Healthy Living Market in Burlington, VT.
8. Blackberry Kumquat Cardamom Jam from Jen Barthell who writes Neighborhood Foodie from San Diego.
9. Pickled Chayote Slaw from Renée Joslyn who writes Flamingo Musings from South Miami, FL.
10. Pickled Grapes with Cinnamon and Black Pepper inspired by Molly Wizenberg's book, A Homemade Life, from my friend and colleague, Elizabeth Brookbank in Seattle, WA.
11. Mango Magma Salsa from Erica Bruielly who writes The Gritty Girl Blog from Northwest Ohio.
12. Zucchini Chips from Julianne Puckett who writes Adventures of the Kitchen Ninja from Jericho, VT way up in the North Country.
13. Caramelized Onion Jam from Leena Trivedi-Grenier who writes Leena Eats from Oakland, CA - my old stomping grounds!
14. Spiced Peach Jam from Teresa Riley who writes a blog called PaperOnParade from Asheville, NC.
15. Sicilian Tomato Sauce from Angela Hallisy who writes Cooking For Peace of Mind from Warren, MI.