'Tis the season for canning! Raspberries, blueberries, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, peppers, peaches and more are bursting off the vine/stalk/cane/tree in massive amounts, begging to be preserved for the leaner winter months ahead.
- Find something you want to can or preserve - sky is the limit! And don't feel hemmed in by jars, drying and freezing are fair game, too.
- Once you've done the deed, take a photo of whatever you've canned and write down the recipe.
- If you've got a blog, post it there and be sure to link back to this post from yours. Feel free to include the Can You Can It? logo if you like - you can find far too many versions of it here - sorry, I went a little Andy Warhol...
- Then send me an email at gardenofeatingblog at gmail dot com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your location
- Name of your blog, if you have one
- URL of your blog post (if you don't have a blog, just send me the recipe in place of the link to your post)
- Photo of your canned creation (max width 500 pixels, please send in .jpg or .gif format)
Am I dangling a big enough carrot to get you to start sterilizing some jars?
Not sure how to get started? If you need any tips, check out this how-to post.
Looking forward to your recipes and photos.
The contest has ended but you can click here to view the entries or here to see who won the first and second prizes.