This recipe is incredibly simple but so tasty that I'm writing about it just in case it has not yet occurred to you to make spinach this way as I would hate for you to miss out on it.Fresh spinach, lots of garlic, some shallot or onion, olive oil, salt and pepper - that is it! It's delicious and super good for you, too.You can also create a variation on this recipe by adding some dried currants, toasted pine nuts and a splash of balsamic vinegar if you feel like getting wild (though it is plenty good without those additions, too.)Simple Sautéed Spinach With Garlic
* 2 bunches fresh spinach leaves, washed thoroughly
* 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed (you can use less if you prefer, I just really like garlic)
* 1 large shallot or small onion, chopped
* 3-4 tsps olive oil
* Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
* 1 Tbsp butter (optional)
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium flame then add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the garlic and sautée for another 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the onions are translucent and the garlic releases its fragrance.
2. Add the spinach to the pan in small batches, stirring to help expose all the leaves to the heat. As it wilts, add more handfuls of spinach until it is all wilted. Season with salt and pepper and add the (optional) butter - stir to combine and serve.
A few more recipes you might like:
Like this recipe? Click here to browse through more Eatwell Recipes.