Tarragon Pickled Onions
* 2 large onions, peeled and sliced to whatever size you'd like your pickles to be
* 1 1/2 cups red or white wine vinegar
* 1/2 cup warm water
* 1 tsp sea salt
* 3 tsps sugar
* Handful of fresh tarragon, washed and ripped or coarsely chopped
* Handful of black peppercorns
1. Combine the vinegar, water, sugar and salt and stir until the salt and sugar have dissolved. Add the peppercorns, tarragon and onions. If the liquid does not cover, add more in equal parts until all the onion slices are submerged.
2. Stir every few hours and refrigerate overnight. These should last in a covered container in the fridge for a few days to a week (if they stick around that long) though they'll be tastiest and crunchiest if eaten right away.
Like this recipe? Click here to browse through more Eatwell Recipes.
You might also like: