Since the season for new potatoes has arrived here in Northern Cali, I figure this is a great time to bust out some new takes on old 'tater favorites.
Although I've often made curried chicken salad, for some reason, I had never made curried potato salad before yesterday. I have no idea why I waited so long, since it's totally delicious!
I've included rough amounts below but you should feel free to adjust based on your tastes -- it's all pretty flexible.
Curried Potato Salad
* 6 potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into cubes
* A handful of fresh cilantro, washed, dried and chopped plus a bit more for garnish
* 2 Tbsps (roughly 1/4 of a medium-sized onion) red onion, finely chopped or sliced (that part is up to you)
* 1 Tbsp capers
* 2 Tbsps of sour cream or plain yogurt
* 1 Tbsp of mayonnaise
* 2 tsps whole grain mustard
* 1 Tbsp mango chutney or apricot jam
* Sea salt to taste
* Freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 2-3 tsps curry powder or garam masala (you can use more if you like)
* 1-2 tsps warm water, as needed to think dressing
1. Combine all the ingredients (except for the potatoes) and mix well. Add warm water as needed to thin the dressing.
2. Add to the dressing to the potatoes and toss well to coat.
3. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
More recipes you might like:
- Chicken Salad With Fresh Herbs
- Chopped Summer Salad
- Cucumber & Yogurt Salad With Herbs (Tzatziki)
- Curried Egg Salad
- Herbed Farro Salad
- Lemon-Scented Quinoa With Tahini & Chickpeas
- Roasted Delicata Squash & Caramelized Red Onions With Farro & Arugala
- Wilted Russian Kale Salad With Balsamic Vinegar & Orange Zest