Applesauce is incredibly easy to make. The only "hard" part is peeling and coring all the apples but I've found that it goes much more quickly if you have someone to share it with.
download a copy of the label design to print out on label paper.
- 3 pounds apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2" chunks (the smaller the chunks, the more quickly it will cook)
- 1/2 cup liquid - apple juice, apple cider or just plain water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 2 cinammon sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- Ground nutmeg, cloves, cinammon, ginger and mace to taste (I would not use more than 1/4-1/2 tsp of any of these though.)
You might also like: