Yesterday's salad whetted my appetite for more salads with pomegranate so I did a little searching and found this recipe on Epicurious (from Gourmet.) I have not actually made this yet but wanted to share it because I think it sounds really good.
Arugula Salad with Pomegranate & Toasted Pecans
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium bunches arugula, rinsed well and thick stems removed
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, from 1 medium pomegranate
1. In medium, non-reactive bowl, whisk together vinegars, salt, and pepper.
2. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
3. Toss arugula with just enough vinaigrette to coat.
4. Sprinkle with pecans and pomegranate seeds and serve.